Launching something big here today on the blog! The Mom’s Guide to a Nourishing Garden!
It feels a little like a birth announcement! (Hey, it did go live on my daughter’s birthday – but there was less screaming – maybe!)
My book is officially released! I’m so excited to tell you about it. It’s a book about gardening and life wrapped up into one. It’s about refocusing on our priorities. It’s for moms that crave balance. It helps you create the recipe to a more nourishing life – through family gardening and creating your own “compost” recipe where you plant and prune and weed and harvest every day – in your life that is.
The process of writing a book was an adventure. Some days I would think “I can do this” but then other days, shadows would overcome me and I would think “Who will ever read this thing?” And there were many days I didn’t think I would make it. But God makes all things possible. And today it is finished and for sale on Amazon.
It’s really there!
During those months and weeks and days of writing, I had a hard time getting away from the computer. But this little dish would pull me away. And it’s a recipe in my book.
Ultimate Chicken Nachos
- 1 bag whole grain tortilla chips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken
- 1 cup black bean and corn salsa
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Optional toppings: plain Greek-style yogurt and cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread a single layer of tortilla chips on a pre-greased pan.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté peppers and onions about 2-3 minutes. Spoon over top of chips.
- Combine chicken and salsa in a bowl, spoon over bell peppers and onions. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Add toppings as desired.
“Ever get in a lunch rut? Need new ideas for packing your kids’ or your own lunch? Are packable noontime options dwindling? Surely you’ve met the ‘What shall I pack for lunch?” question head-on with creative ideas. Please share your healthy lunch recipe – so we can swap it into our own rotation.”
Maybe you’ll pick up the book and check it out – if you do, I would love to hear your thoughts. And be sure to check the links below for more healthy lunchtime recipes!