How many meals do you have in your freezer right now? (Not counting frozen pizza!) Until I discovered freezer meal prepping, I didn't have more than just some frozen meat, frozen vegetables, and frozen fruit -- and oh yeah, frozen pizza. This was literally up until this spring! And opening a freezer with frozen meat is so uninspiring. I have to choose it, thaw it, think about what to make with the thawed meat, and then prepare something for our evening meal. Then I discovered freezer meal kits -- a way that I could make 10 meals in about two hours and have a freezer filled with meals that bring our family together because dinner is done!
This month's freezer meal kit is all about the kids -- family-friendly freezer meal kit of the month.
Tips to making your freezer meal kit in about two hours:
- Be organized. I send you a complete shopping list so you can figure out the ingredients you need. It's organized by store department -- you don't have to take time to do that -- if you know your grocery store, this can be a quick shop. Bonus -- if you shop your kitchen first, you will likely find some of your ingredients there.
- Plan. Purchase your groceries as close to your meal prep date as you can to ensure the freshest ingredients are used. To set up, you will need all of your produce prepped and ready to go, along with your meat prepped and ready to go. With that, a few tools will help you get your meals done faster, including measuring spoons and cups, plus knives and cutting mats/boards. It's helpful if everything is easily accessible and out for you to just grab.
- Clean as you go. Get through about three or four recipes and then do a quick clean -- wash up the cutting mats and knives (remember to keep raw meat knives separate and washed after each use), wipe down the counters, dump the garbage bowl from your trimmings, get rid of recyclables and lay out the fresh tools again. This brief clean up can save you a lot of time later.
- Turn on the music. I totally know you will have more fun if you turn up the tunes! I like upbeat pop music when I'm prepping in the kitchen -- stuff that makes your body move. And doing the prep with friends is even MORE fun! Contact me if you would like to schedule your private workshop!
Slide your recipes into a plastic sleeve right next to you on the counter -- then no fear of touching it with sticky hands.
You will have 10 meals in your freezer in no time!
August Freezer Meal Kit includes the following recipes:
- Creamy Italian Chicken
- Sweet Garlic Chicken
- Honey Raspberry Chicken
- BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Kids’ Chicken Chili
- Rush-Hour Chicken Fajitas
- Garlic Bread Meatball Subs
- Parmesan-Garlic Pizza Casserole
- Parmesan Garlic Pork Chops (can substitute chicken thighs)
- Asian Pork Tenderloin (can substitute chicken)
This freezer meal kit cost is approximately $82 plus tax, this includes all of your Pampered Chef pantry items including:
- Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- Tex-Mex Seasoning
- Garlic and Herb Rub (2 bottles)
- Raspberry Habanero Sauce
- Asian Seasoning
- Three Onion Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoky BBQ Seasoning
- Chipotle Seasoning
It also includes an e-book with everything you need to make your freezer meals.
If you would like to purchase a freezer meal kit, go to my Pampered Chef website and add in the pantry items as noted above, then I will email you your e-book and you will be well on your way to a freezer full of meals!
What's the cost per meal? Your total cost for making these 10 meals will be less than $20/meal or less than $3 per serving. You can't eat out for that! And you for sure won't find the same healthy meals at this price at any restaurant. You also end up saving money because you aren't relying on the drive-thru, and you aren't walking out of the grocery store $200 later without knowing what meals you will actually make. Instead you feel relieved and prepared for the back-to-school schedule to begin.
I can't wait to help you be less stressed in the kitchen and more prepared for back-to-school schedules!
Disclosure: I am an independent kitchen consultant with Pampered Chef who loves helping people like you enrich their lives, one meal and one memory at a time.