Freezer meal workshops make you feel:
- A) Excited
- B) Accomplished
- C) Relieved
- D) All of the above
The answer is….D — and so much more. Walking away with 10 meals in less than two hours makes you change the way you see dinner. Instead of stress-full, it’s stress-less. Instead of thinking dinner is just one more chore to cross off the list, it’s been crossed off weeks ago when the freezer meals were made. Instead of taking energy and time thinking what to have for dinner, it’s already done.
Read on for what it takes to host a workshop, my best tips to getting done in 2 hours or less, and the menus available for purchase! Let’s get dinner done together!
What is a freezer meal workshop?
First things first. I’m a kitchen consultant with Pampered Chef — not only that, I am a registered dietitian and mom. and I continue to believe in this mission:
“Enriching lives, one meal, and one memory at a time.”
We only have today, and today includes a meal, right? Let’s make it a memorable one. That’s the mission behind Pampered Chef.
And that’s why I love freezer meal workshops. Not only are you creating memories together with friends making these meals ahead of time, but you are also able to create memories around the kitchen table with less stress. (And better health too).
During the two hour session, every participant makes 10 meals in less than 2 hours. You nourish your soul because you get to be with friends, and you nourish your family at the same time, because you are bringing home 10 meals for the dinner table.
Each pre-ordered freezer meal kit is filled with Pampered Chef pantry spices/seasonings/rubs/oils/vinegar needed to produce 10 meals. Full recipe instructions are included in the kit, along with the shopping list, meat prep instructions, and freezer meal tags. Each kit is built around a specific menu.
Want to do it by yourself? You can always order a to-go kit, where you prep everything at home in your own kitchen too, if that is more your style!
How to host a freezer meal workshop:
As the host of the freezer meal workshop, you provide:
- The space. That could be your kitchen counters if you have enough of them or it could be two tables, each six feet in length for eight people to work around.
- A large garbage container and recycling container. We need these as we prep the meals — and I say large, because it’s hard to stop what you are doing and take out the trash!
- Clean counters and sink. We will be doing a lot of prep on the counters, so no animals please, and fill that sink with soapy, hot water.
- A fun beverage. Your choice!
- The groceries for the snack — I make the snack while everyone is prepping! (Five ingredients or less!)
- Enthusiasm! It really is a lot of fun!!
What I bring to the workshop:
- Fun! (I bring the music!)
- All the Pampered Chef tools to make this a fast and efficient workshop.
- I set up the space and organize the flow.
- I do my own dishes and yours too! 🙂
- I set up a snack station.
After registering for a freezer meal workshop, here’s what to love:
- You don’t have to do the menu planning. I take care of all of that for you! Whether you are new to freezer meal planning and want someone to take care of the details, or maybe you are a veteran menu planner that’s also short on time due to a busy schedule, freezer meal workshops are the answer! All you need to do is shop from the grocery list and bring it to the workshop.
- Any special diets can be accommodated for! All Pampered Chef pantry spices/seasonings/rubs/oils/vinegar are gluten free. And easily swap in and out proteins your family prefers or vegetables your family loves.
- Easy instructions! I provide the shopping list for you, and at the workshop you receive the recipes to make the 10 meals. You go as fast as you want to — want to work with the partner right next to you to keep each other on track? Go for it! Want to move at your own speed? That’s great too! The goal for every participant is to be done in two hours or less.
- Flavor is figured out for you! You don’t have to be an herb or spice connoisseur to know how to add flavor to your food. With Pampered Chef pantry products, that’s done for you, saving you time and money and producing great tasting meals.
- You can spend more time with your family! When your meals are prepped and ready to go, you will be swapping chopping time for family time! Seriously, you will probably be wondering, how did I do it all before?
- Less eating out. While it’s fun to eat out once in a while, it can be a burden on the budget on our health. When you are prepped and ready with meals, there will be no excuse to dial for pizza delivery.
- You make it fit your family. Each meal feeds about six people. For example, if you have a family of two, then you will bring home 20 meals. You can adjust to your family’s size and portion the meals appropriately. And there will be leftovers of the Pampered Chef pantry items, and there are fun ways to use them up that I share with you!
- Food, nutrition & cooking tips. As a dietitian, I love to share tips to help you feed your family well! And you will learn how to cook these meals once they are prepped too.
For approximately $80 (plus tax and shipping), your registration includes:
- All the Pampered Chef pantry items to make your meals mouthwatering.
- A customized and organized shopping list.
- Instruction labels for all your freezer meals.
- A copy of the original recipes so you can make them again.
- A frig/freezer chart to help you with meal planning at home.
- A food safety certified kitchen consultant and dietitian to facilitate the workshop and guide you all the way.
- Taste testing a delicious appetizer to keep you going.
- Social time. (BYOB)
- A chance to use my Pampered Chef tools to help you speed up the process!
What you bring to the workshop:
- Your groceries. Don’t forget to look in the pantry, refrigerator and freezer for the items you purchased. Put them all in a re-usable grocery tote or thermal bag to make things easy.
- Your freezer bags — a large box each of the large gallon size and quart size. (You may decide to double bag.)
How to get started:
- Connect with me and we will pick a date and a menu (as the host, you will get deep discounts on Pampered Chef products!)
- You connect with at least 7 (or more) friends to pre-register and commit to attending the workshop
- All attendees then place orders for kits (and any other kitchen tools they would like!)
- Watch email for detailed instructions
- Bring your groceries and freezer bags to the workshop
- Have fun!
Other freezer meal workshop options:
- To-go pack: includes recipes, planner and pantry kit items for you to make on your own.
- Fill-a-freezer event for your church’s meal ministry or women’s event.
- Fill-a-freezer for someone in need.
- Freezer meal fundraisers: for schools, churches, women’s groups, cooking clubs
- Baby Shower Freezer Meal Workshop