Hi there! I'm Jen and I love working with my hands in the soil. I love working with food in the kitchen.
That makes me a down-to-earth, kitchen dietitian.
Here's my nutrition philosophy, I believe:
- Health starts in the kitchen with what you shop for, prepare, and eat.
- Meal panning is essential to a more organized, more balanced, and healthier, happier life.
- Food is fun and it's meant to be enjoyed.
- Growing food together makes for a healthier family (in more ways than one!)
Every day I feed a family of four meals that are fun and balanced. That includes pie and ice cream. (My favorites are blueberry and strawberry rhubarb pie, and homemade strawberry ice cream.) And did I mention we love pizza? And pasta! Topped with all sorts of vegetables.
- Bachelor of Science Degree with dual degrees in Dietetics, and Food & Nutrition: Minnesota State University, Mankato, MN
- Dietetic Internship: Mayo Clinic Rochester, MN
- Master Gardener Certification
- Food Safety Certification
- Culinary Nutrition Certification
- Licensed in State of Minnesota
- Registered with Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- State Media Representative for Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Former Newsletter Editor for Nutrition Entrepreneur Dietetic Practice Group
- Dairy Nutrition Communicator in Partnership with Midwest Dairy
- Author/Speaker, The Mom's Guide to a Nourishing Garden
- Kitchen Consultant, with Pampered Chef
- Clinical Dietitian at Mayo Clinic Rochester for 7 Years
- Supermarket Dietitian at Hy-Vee in Austin, MN for 6 Years
- School Nutrition Dietitian for Austin Public Schools for 3 Years
- Video Production, Food Photography, Recipe Development, Writer for Various Food Companies/Organizations