Beverages are hot! What’s in our mugs can be as interesting as what’s on our plates. There’s even blogs devoted to this very topic. To be a part of this trend, Recipe ReDux challenged registered dietitian bloggers to create a hot or cool, kid-friendly or happy hour worthy, beverage.
I had to try a hot beverage just right to warm me up in the winter – especially on a snow day.
Start with a cup of this Rooibos Tea Latte. Three ingredients + five minutes to yourself + a balanced breakfast = nourishment for moms.
Rooibos tea is a traditional red tea from the leaves of a shrub grown in South Africa. It’s traditionally served with milk and sugar. The flavors of cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves from the red chai make a warm addition to this drink. It’s non caffeinated and contains nine essential nutrients from the 6 ounces of milk per serving.
- 1 Red Chai and Rooibos tea blend bag
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon French vanilla syrup
- Cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- 1. Steep the Rooibos tea bag in the hot water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 2. Warm milk in a pan, add to water. Add vanilla syrup. Whisk with a frother. Sprinkle with cinnamon.