In our house, we love taking Saturday mornings easy. That means no alarm clocks and a little Saturday morning television, especially any show on the Disney channel. As a mom who has worked all week, I like to have a relaxing morning too and one way I do that is prepare a little something the night before so it’s easy to grab and go from the refrigerator.
It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare four of them and is a family favorite. Three healthy ingredients and everyone is happy, including mom.
Parfait in a Jar
Source: Jen Haugen, RD, LD
What it takes:
- 4 (1/2 pint) glass jars with lids
- 16 ounces of your favorite yogurt (I tend to go with Greek yogurt for it’s added protein which keeps you fuller longer, plus I get my kids to eat it when fruit and granola are part of the equation)
- 2 cups of mixed blueberries and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup granola (favorites include Bear Naked Granola, Erin Baker’s Granola and Cascadian Farm)
What to do:
- Scoop 1/2 cup of yogurt into each jar. Add 1/2 cup mixed berries and then 1/4 cup of granola. If making the night before, leave the granola off until just before serving. You can also use just plain, uncooked oatmeal as well.
What’s your favorite Saturday morning breakfast?