Farm families make the best cooks. All those hungry mouths to feed after a hard days work. Or those empty stomachs that growl upon rising. All require good, nourishing food. And while the food physically fills the stomach, time around the table fills the soul. To get families around the table, good food must be present.
That good food can be found in a brand new cookbook. Farm families have shared their best recipes for really good food in The Dairy Good Cookbook. It’s filled with everyday comfort food that sustains America’s dairy farm families and brings them around the table for soul-filling family time. More than 100 recipes fill this cookbook from sunrise breakfasts to midday lunches to after-chores snacks to sundown suppers.
It won’t be hard to gather your family around the table with these recipes.
Sharing meals around the table is number one in our house. Hats off, phones down, grace said. Farm families do it too.
Celebrate June Dairy Month with these 10 reasons to pick up The Dairy Good Cookbook!
- Farm family stories…get to know the families that produce dairy foods like yogurt, cheese and milk as they share not only their stories but also their recipes.
- The sunrise breakfasts are enough to fill anyone up…think Waffle Panini with Maple Butter, Bacon and Cheddar in less than 10 minutes.
- The cows…show your kids these pictures and they will be able to spot and name the cow breeds from their back seat windows.
- The variety of midday lunches…from tacos and pizzas and sandwiches and burritos. Apple Cheddar Pizza…oh my.
- Dairy cooking notes…including what dairy ingredients to use in recipes and how they are made and how to use it.
- After-chores snacks…whether the kids are coming home from school, helping out with chores are just need a mid-afternoon pick-me-up, there are morsels to be found that are quick to arrive to the kitchen counter like Creamy Apple Butter Dip.
- Actual cooking tips…from America’s dairy farm families. Shhh…secrets to the best recipes lie inside!
- Sundown suppers…especially the Parmesan Chicken Fettuccini from my friend and local dairy farmer, Chris Sukalski.
- A favorite camping recipe of ours…BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Veggie Packets. Seriously yum.
- Recipes for family gatherings…potlucks, celebrations and holidays…when the family is around, make Chicken Finger Nachos or Cheesy Green Bean Casserole.
I love the values that dairy farm families share and it all begins and ends with family. Theirs and ours. Now and in the future.
I hope you pick up a copy of The Dairy Good Cookbook to show your support for America’s Dairy Farmers.
And, I’m linking up to Midwest Dairy so I can give away a FREE copy of The Dairy Good Cookbook!
To enter, share your appreciation for America’s dairy farmers in your comment below. Celebrate June Dairy Month with your family!
The reasons to love dairy don’t end here, check out more from Midwest Dairy!